Join our dedicated team and become part of a company applying state-of-the-art technology that establishes an all-new category of glucose monitoring.
At RSP Systems A/S, we are developing a non-invasive glucose measuring device based on Raman spectroscopy and we are transforming how we measure health. To strengthen our development efforts, we are looking for a new colleague, who will work with advanced data analysis.
This exciting work will include the development of data analysis algorithms that are field deployable in commercial products. The Data Analyst/Scientist is expected to bring innovative thinking, analytical rigor, and statistical methods to the challenges of measuring blood glucose non-invasively. As a part of our data analysis team, you will:
- Develop and improve algorithms predicting blood glucose levels based on in vivo Raman spectroscopic data from patients.
- Work with outlier detection and variable selection techniques, among other things.
- Develop standardization and/or calibration transfer techniques.
- Assist in design, analysis, and reporting of results from clinical trials.
We offer an inspiring position, where getting the job done requires not only a strong professional skill set but also ingenuity and creativity. Our working environment is informal and characterized by a strong team spirit where each member has an essential role in the development.
You must have a strong understanding of data mining, interpretation of spectroscopic data, chemometrics, and statistics, and you must be able to conduct data analysis using multivariate methods.
We expect you to have an M.Sc. or Ph.D. in chemistry, physics, applied mathematics, food science, or similar, specialized within chemometrics, machine learning, statistics and/or data mining. We expect that you have some years of experience within data science.
The ideal candidate will have experience with following:
- Data analysis of spectroscopic data from chemical or biological systems.
- Interpretation of spectroscopic data and their influence on calibration models.
- Pre-processing of data (EMSC, 2nd derivative, smoothing etc..).
- Model-building (calibration, validation and prediction).
- Fluency with scripting in Python.
- Experience with machine learning and deep learning.
- Documentation of methods, results and tests – both externally, e.g., to notified bodies as well as internally in RSP Systems’ quality management systems.
- Knowledge on the rigor required in developing medical devices.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, yet a strong team player, with an innovative spirit and a drive to make a difference. Other essential personal skills include:
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- Good at taking initiative
- Thrive in a job where solutions do not always come easy
- Being motivated when challenged
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Positive approach in your communication with others
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
Work location: You will be located in our office in the Southern part of Odense, close to the freeway and public transportation.
Contact and Application
For more information, you are welcome to contact our Data Analysis Manager, Anders Pors, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application either via mail to our address at Sivlandvænget 27C, 5260 Odense S (address it to HR), in person (to HR), or to our email address email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is on September 10th, 2021, but applications are continuously reviewed.